Register here for our newsletter
Did you know that although Central Europe is facing strong growth in traffic volume, the total volume of freight moved by rail has decreased significantly over the past few decades? Current forecasts predict that by 2030 there will be a significant increase in freight volume, and this expected growth in traffic on the streets will raise serious transport and environmental problems. To reverse this negative trend, huge investments are underway with a focus on the main rail corridors. Complementary to this initiative the REIF project aims at increasing the modal share of rail freight transport through mitigation measures for the regional rail feeder system.
The Intermodal congress aims to deal with the framework conditions, potential and measures for extra traffic by rail through the seaports of the North Range. Take a look into the future workshop of port operators, seaport companies, railways and operators.
Promote regional rail freight transport, as well as improve coordination among freight transport stakeholders in order to increase and improve mulitmodal environmentally-friendly freight solutions.
Reverse the negative reduction trends of freight transport and services in Central Europe through the development of coordinated strategies, concepts and management tools which contribute to the improvement of multimodality of environmentally-friendly freight transport.
Optimize individual regional transport modes and their combinations in multi-modal freight transport chains, as well as change the transport patterns by providing efficient, coordinated services linking all actors of the transport and infrastructure chain.
- Focus on regional rail freight feeder infrastructure and services.
- Focus on the accessibility of TEN-T corridor for greener and safer means of transportation.
- Set the course for good regional governance in promoting rail freight transport in project partner's territories
- Pave the way for designing and implementing future freight transport infrastructure by strengthening capacities in multimodal logistics management.
- Sustain gained know-how in the institutions, as well as train the staff.
(in million €)
Project REIF has 10 project partners from 6 central European countries, as well as 10 associated partners.